EN#0163 – FCA Authorised EMI license for saleSalvus Team
An FCA Authorised Electronic Money Institution (AEMI) licensed since September 2020 has become available for sale directly from the seller through the Mergers & Acquisitions team at SALVUS.
It has been permitted to issue electronic money (e-money) and in particular, provide the following regulated payment services:
- Services enabling cash placement on a payment account
- Services enabling cash withdrawals from a payment account
- Execution of payment transactions (not covered by a credit line)
- Execution of payment transactions (covered by a credit line)
- Issuing payment instruments or acquiring payment transactions
- Money remittance
- Issuing Electronic Money
Details of note
- Minimal monthly expenses. This FCA Authorised EMI has almost no activity and no employees, except for the 2 directors. Upon change of control, it shall be necessary to replace both directors.
- For card issuing, the AEMI has 1000 cards issued and branded in stock that are provided by another FCA AEMI; a principal member of MasterCard. It can also offer UnionPay cards, and later VISA, as well as acquiring services.
- The IBANs issued are from an intermediary.
- The FCA AEMI processes EUR and GBP.
- Card and payment processing is performed through intermediaries.
- The regulatory capital is placed in the bank account.
- Safeguarding account in LPB bank in Latvia.
The business model of the Authorised EMI is based on classic e-money services supported by IT technologies for faster and more efficient payments in comparison to traditional banks. The FCA AEMI recognises the importance of having a stable business model and capital to cover liabilities. In addition, the company is digitally-based and inclusive, thereby the importance of advanced security systems and their constant development is considered to be mandatory for the safety of customer funds and personal information.
The AEMI is targeting mostly regular individual clients (UK- and EU-based), and small to middle size, as well as certain segments of large businesses to provide a more personalised service level and offer an individual approach.
The company has set up its general strategy to provide e-wallet level services in the field of the FinTech industry for classic retail businesses in the United Kingdom and European Union. The AEMI would be developing the UK’s internal market and EU Member States by offering a robust analogue alternative to classic e-wallets in a digital form.
- registration takes only a few minutes to start accepting funds and making payments,
- no need to identify yourself for small transaction amounts,
- access to a long list of service providers,
- easy management of funds (upload, payment, transfer, payouts),
- multi-currency wallet,
- integration with Visa Money Transfer and MasterCard Money Send,
- fast merchant ID issuing,
- friendly interface – up to date with user spending information – history, analytics, planning,
- integration with Social Groups,
- payments to any mobile number or email,
- multiple languages support, and
- iOS and Android ready.
This FCA Authorised EMI business targets under-banked customers, students, millennials, freelancers, tech start-ups, and large-size customers who are looking for reliable, stable, and easy-to-use e-commerce solutions. The business segments are B2B and B2C sectors where each customer passes a due diligence procedure before engaging in business. Due to the specifics of the business, company customers could be exclusively European Union / EEA / EFTA / British and European jurisdiction entities.
The below is a list of services the AEMI intends to deliver:
|Business account opening||Placement of funds|
|Private account opening||Verification of funds|
|P2P payments||P2B payments|
|Recurring payments||Currency exchange services|
|Internal payments||External payments using SWIFT/SEPA|
|Corporate and private payment cards||E-commerce services for the business clients|
These services will allow the company to offer e-money level products with lower costs and more technical features. This is particularly significant for corporate clients who are looking for new opportunities to develop their businesses and receive professional financial services.
For further information on the sale of this FCA AEMI license in the UK, please contact our Mergers & Acquisitions team at [email protected]. More entities for sale can be found within our Entity Acquisition or Sale service