A license is required for a business to be authorised and to legally operate and offer investment, payment, and crypto-asset services within a jurisdiction. The type of license required will vary in different jurisdictions and may vary due to differentiation in business models, product, and service offerings. The Licensing team at SALVUS provides our clients, associates, and partners with accurate guidance in choosing the appropriate jurisdiction and license type to match their business vision.
The SALVUS Licensing teams
We have dedicated investment firms, investment funds, payment services and crypto-assets regulation and compliance teams and welcome all your questions at [email protected].
Our Licensing teams undertake and advise for the license application process for the authorisation of:
- Investment Firms
- Investment Funds
- Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) | Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFM & UCITS Managers) | Alternative Investment Funds Limited Number of Persons (AIFLNP) | Registered Alternative Investment Funds (RAIF) | Undertakings for the Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS)
- Payment and Electronic Money Institutions (EMI)
- Crypto and Virtual Asset Service Providers (CASP/VASP)
At SALVUS, we employ a hands-on project management approach towards obtaining licensing authorisations and registrations. We guide our clients by thoroughly evaluating, compiling, and completing all the necessary documentation required by the regulator in the selected jurisdiction. A license authorisation application package will at a minimum include:
- The license application forms, the stakeholders’ questionnaires, KYC (Know Your Client) documentation for the shareholders and directors
- The organisational structure and the business plan
- The supporting policies and procedures such as the Internal Operational Manual (IOM), the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and all the compliance-related manuals
Jurisdictions include Cyprus and other prominent European destinations such as Lithuania, Malta, Ireland and Luxemburg, along with Australia, Bahamas, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Seychelles and Singapore.
We assist our clients for the preliminary meeting with the regulator if one is required and in the preparation of all the necessary documentation required according to the regulatory framework of the chosen jurisdiction, including;
- the license application forms, the questionnaires, KYC documentation for the shareholders and directors, the organizational structure,
- the business plan and
- the supporting policies and procedures such as the Internal Operational Manual, the AML and all compliance related manuals, the order execution policy and the key information documents (KIDs) where applicable.
Our Licensing teams handle all communication with the regulatory authorities until your investment firm, investment fund, EMI, or crypto-assets business has been authorised and your license has been granted.
We obtain investment, payments, and crypto-assets licenses in a plethora of jurisdictions including Cyprus and other prominent European destinations such as Lithuania, Malta, Ireland, and Luxemburg, along with Australia, Bahamas, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Seychelles, and Singapore.
Legal opinions, passporting and tied agents
We assist in the preparation of cross-border applications and obtain legal opinions of the host countries. We support the ‘passporting’ of your license to other jurisdictions should your business require this.
Moreover, we also provide support with the following:
- The appointment, registration, or deletion from the register of a Tied Agent
- The establishment of Representative Offices or Branches in other jurisdictions
Ready-made licenses for acquisition or sale
Additionally, through our entity acquisition or sale support, we are active in dealing with existing investment firms, investment funds, Electronic Money Institutions (EMI), or Crypto-Asset Services Providers (CASP) licenses’ change of ownership, with either a seller’s or a buyer’s mandate. Our services include the identification of a target licensed entity based on your business needs, negotiation between parties, compliance and financial due diligence, and transaction facilitation.
Our Licensing teams are ready to help fulfil your regulatory licensing requirements. We look forward to being of value and obtaining the most suited license authorisation for your business.
Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss more.